Mind The Net

Sunday, June 27, 2004

Toronto Sightng Part II

Well a little internet elbow grease and some surfing around and I think I may have found the science behind last nights' sighting! I think what myself and several dozen other folks witnessed was a partial and unexpected meteor shower known as the Bootids . Sad, of course that I was caught, yet again, without my video camera or any camera of any sort last night. We watched them for a good 10 or 15 seconds. And if you've ever seen a shooting star, you know it's never that long! How very exciting. According to the article (linked to above) they weren't sure if this particular shower would show it's face this year, but I got to tell you, the three pieces of space rock that I did see last night were pretty awesome. The man made spectacle of The Festival of Fire was overshadowed by a brief glimpse of the universe in action.

Just a side note, if you do get out to watch the fire works (one word?) there will be two more shows, July 1st (Canada Day) and July 3rd. They are also themed, what kind of sucked last night is that on the roof of our building they did not have the musical accompaniment that was programmed to go with it! In the apartment we put it on 98.1 CHFI and they were playing the them from the very popular Wong Fei Hung movies in China - Jet Li played in a lot of those films like the 'once upon a time in china' series-.

okay, that's it, I'm out for today. Happy Pride Toronto. Dunno if I'll get to the parade, have to prepare a Shakespeare audition for tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home