Mind The Net

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Saga's End

Where was I? Oh yes, being stalked. Or harassed more like. Well, really just bombarded by messages by this woman. And I finally decided, you know what? It's been a month since I last spoke with her, I need to be clear about what I'm thinking of all this, what I want and how to say it, so that I don't leave a back door or anything for her to cling to. Also, I titled this post 'Saga's End' --Saga was, I was almost positive, a band in the 80's. I can't quite put the tip of my tongue on any particular song, but just in case here's their site.

So I sent a message to this woman this morning, the gist of which was 'I am not interested in your friendship. Don't send me anything more please, no messages, no cards in the mail. Nothing. Please move on and leave me alone.'. I braced for impact. I knew her to be quite volatile and emotional. Just like my ex! Oy!

I received an email from her later in the afternoon. Apologizing and understanding why I felt the way that I did. But also taking the opportunity to say that she had expected more of me, and if I ever wanted a friend who was led by her heart, she would welcome me back. And that she would respect what I said in my message and not contact me again.

I have too many problems with a lot of what she wrote to get into it. Especially now since it's over with and she says she'll leave me alone. I said what I needed to say to her, mostly. I was angry that I hadn't stood up for myself a bit better months ago. But I do have a tendency to not speak up for fear of upsetting people--damn it. So this time i just went and upset her and it didn't upset her so much. Go figure. Who cares, she's gone. I don't have to worry about my bunny anymore. I hope. I don't even have a bunny.

Anyway, in other more important news scientists were able to replicate a big bang in the laboratory and it was more explosive than they expected even!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home