Mind The Net

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Dating Game

Wow, it's nuts out there. Every day a new update for sympatico will give you tips on dating, on being single, on body language during your first date. Does no one like being alone? I have a friend who's content with it. She read this book I, personally am finding great contentment in it right now. I don't have a bachelor pad, I have a fortress of solitude. That's empowering no?

And hanging out with exgirlfriends from way back, seems to be a good deterrent to wanting to get involved with anyone on this planet at all.

Course, when I do feel like asking someone out, my confidence is gone! What the hell happened? Does one really need alcohol to find that kind of courage? It's certainly easier, if you can see straight. . . or even stand up. . .'hey baby, you a female? wanna go out?'

Anyway, I did blow an 'asking out' moment yesterday, just kept talking and then said goodbye. . . wow, what a maroon. Not like me at all. And I also spent an exorbitant amount of time with an exgirlfriend who got so under my skin, I tried to apply cream and hope that she would disappear.

Then there are people who are happy with others. Bless you and may you stay that way. But for those of you like me, I guess we find happiness in what we are, what we do and that's a lot. Why do we --some of us-- feel like we need to be searching for soul mates all the time? They don't exist! They're romanticized in novels and stupid Jude Law Movies. We should be content with what we've got. And I have a lot, so I'm fine.

But I still feel dumb when I obviously let a moment pass. . .shit, burning lunch!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home