Mind The Net

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Six Years

Six years. That's one year less than it takes the average person to develop a need to squander their fidelity, it's one year more than the title of that song by David Bowie and it's exactly how long it's been since I weighed less than 200 lbs, that's 88.89 kilos up here. But! It is also the exact amount of time that the government or CCRA wants you to keep your tax return information! Six years, my friends is a very long time, especially if you're one year away from seven in a relationship. (I'm not by the way, I know it sounds like it, but the only thing I've kept that long is a t-shirt --longer even.) The reason I'm so obssessed with it, is because I'm doing my taxes. That's right, ladies and gentlemen, one receipt over here in this pile, another over there in that pile, I have to get them to my accountant tomorrow, nevermind, I just do. But try having a nice pile of fun sounding little papers and two cats! Every time I turn around, they're like a couple of well, six year olds playing in the autumn leaves.

And hey, did anyone else notice spring today? The moon is no longer full, but I can still see it from where I'm situated in the city. Was watching it move across the sky last night with my telescope-in between receipt pile chasing- it was big and bright hard to believe it's 385,000 kilometres away-(maybe a bit closer last night).
See for yourself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home