Mind The Net

Monday, December 27, 2004

What to do?

I read this long article in the New Yorker magazine online and have decided to post it here for my people and friends.
I have long been against the right wing war machine and the racism it's bred. This is a very well written article following up on the murder of Dutch filmmaker Theo Van Gogh by a Muslim extremist and it saddens me. We have one enemy, we being 'peace lovers', and he has two faces; fundamentalist Christianity and fundamentalist Islam. Both are well known and proven killers who twist the words of their particular God to justify just about fucking anything. We have a right to speak up don't we? It makes me want to scream and scream loud and be heard, makes me want to challenge them all, fight them and their ignoranace, their pompous self importance and rage. . . but can rage fight rage and win. . . doesn't everyone lose?

Here's the link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home