Mind The Net

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Um. . . nuts

Here is something for everyone. Heh, not really. Quick story. Many years ago, on my way to Ottawa to visit a friend, I car pooled with something called Allo-stop. You just hitch a ride with someone who is looking for people to share gas costs with and going your way, cool. Not always safe, but cool. So this one time, i get this middle aged woman and she picks up a friend who's wiccan and also carpooling with us. Actually, to this day I can't use my swiss army knife because I loaned it to the wiccan to cut a tuna sandwiche with and . . .um it stinks. Anyway, the driver, the older woman, she's kind of cool and we hit it off. So once I got there she took my number and said she would really like to talk more with me. I thought 'cool, I've never slept with an older woman before'. --heh, I was just a kid, everything is about sleeping with people . . . in ahem those days. . . moving along. My buddy in Ottawa thinks I'm nuts for going out with this lady, it's fine he's got stuff to do and I make plans to go skating on the Rideau with her. I don't have skates. The rentals were all gone or something. But here's the thing, we sit down and have hot chocolates or something and she pulls out this book. She tells me about something called the Urantia book. I go 'what's Urantia'. And she giggles and says, 'that's the name of our planet!' and I go, 'um of course it is. according to whom though?' I mean, I'm open minded right? Well, I wasn't prepared for what she said next. 'That's what our neighbours call us.'. I ask (stupidly), 'our neighbours?'. "Yes, our galactic neighbours.". I . . . see. . . well, she went skating and left me with the book, to read up on Michael (Jesus) and his father and the um. . . galactic political stuff surrouding our planet. You know, the Administration of the Local Universe and stuff. Needless to say, I couldn't wait to get out of there. She let me keep the book, I have it to this day, cuz it's crazy to read. But guess what! It's online. So, now you too can enjoy what I went through, minus the hot chocolate, skating and crazy middle aged woman.

Unrantia baby Urantia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home