Mind The Net

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Possessed

True story: when I was a little boy in Chile, I was having nightmares.
i was about 3 years old and my grandmother took myself and my sister into town to see the local witch. . . no joke. Or wiccan, whatever- she was a kind of a healer. She let us play on her piano and went out into the back yard to collect things, when she came back in she performed a little ceremony and waved a stick over my back. She didn't touch me but apparently I screamed very loudly. The nightmares stopped.

The really overwhelmingly scary part of this story is that I didn't find out about this till i was nearly 30. I was sitting around after dinner shooting the shit with my sisters, when one of them says, 'like the time that (Carlos) was exorcised!' And they both laughed, I didn't I just looked at her and said, 'what are you talking about?'

They both stopped and looked at me like I was from Venus and they hadn't met any Venusians 1, 2, 3 yet. This was like common family knowledge that had somehow escaped my attention. They couldn't believe that a) I couldn't recall it and B) I had never heard the story from anyone before just then!

I had nightmares again in my twenties, they were cured by finding a true love who proceeded to rip out my heart and stomp all over it and eat my soul.
I prefer daemonic possession.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home