Mind The Net

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Trial by Ice Time

Holy shit. Started work today at 2:30 am. . . Put on full goalie gear at 4:am. . . stayed in it until 9:am . . . skating, skating, skating. The other actors with more skating experience lasted longer than i did and I gave in after lunch and let my photo double do some of the work. I think they decided to cut me a break since they had to come get me twice after lunch for blocking. I had fallen back asleep after the the first time!

Man oh man, was it tough. Still so much damned fun, unbelieveable. I'm glad I was able to get the right size goalie skates in the end. I discovered that the ones I'd been renting over the holidays were two sizes too small and no wonder I was in agony!! I couldn't last 2 laps in those and I lasted 4 1/2 hours in the larger ones.

I think this show will be great. The actors are all fantastic, the director is something else, he's an incredible skater (spent the majority of the shoot in skates, directing and at one poing even running the steady cam while following his goalies around the ice!). I am too tired to give a better account and still have to finish preparing for tomorrow's studio stuff. We're done with the hockey for all the episodes that feature it and now move on to the acting. Even after my four hour nap this afternoon, I'm ready to go down for another four or five hours.

Rent A Goalie will air in the fall of 2006 at some point on Showcase. Not sure of time/days yet, but I'm sure that info will come soon.

3 Comments:

  • Heh, Thanks for keeping us posted on how the work goes. Fun to read this and hear about your day.

    So the skates WERE too small! I laughed out loud when I read that...(then noticed there was no shout out to me.) So glad you got skates that fit. :)

    I'm so happy for ya...can't wait to read the next entry. Mind if I link to your blog?

    By Blogger Lizbeth Marlowe, at 1:17 PM  

  • heheh. . .shout out to Marco was for Italian culture lessons! And yes link away!

    Carlos

    By Blogger Carlos, at 1:51 PM  

  • The skates man, the skates! They were too small...that's awesome.

    By Blogger Lizbeth Marlowe, at 1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home