Mind The Net

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Fighting

So many fights. Tonight, as a distraction I guess, I'm having some of the boys-all fighters over to watch the finale of The Ultimate Fighter, hopefully we'll get the sky lounge if no one is up there. There's a baby shower up there right now, but they can't go on forever can they? Well, the fights are at 9pm and then we're off for beers.

Another fight, the one I'm distracting myself from is my grandfather's fight for his life. My parents have flown down to Chile to be with him. He was in what can best be described as a diabetic coma. He's out of it now, but very weak and suffering from pneumonia. He was moved out of the ICU and my father is spending today, April 9th-his birthday, in hospital sitting with his ailing father. It's a lot to digest. I called this morning to wish him a happy birthday and his father is alive and is able to speak to him, so that's something to be happy about.

My mother said that despite my grandfather's failing mind and body, when he saw my father he recognized him and became emotional. It's a good sign. He asked him why he came and my father said, 'To be with you dad.'. So I'm hoping that everything works out for the best.

And I'm also going to start taking better care of my body, so that if I even come close to living to 86, the age my grandfather is now, I'll still be able to whup somebody's ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home